Plantation’s premier medical spa for all of your skincare and injectable needs
Are you bothered by small areas of fat that simply will not budge, no matter how much exercise you get or how many pounds you lose? Kybella is a type of injection that rids the body of small, stubborn areas of excess fat. It is the only injectable product that has the approval of the FDA for permanently removing submental fat, commonly called the “double chin.” It is sometimes also used “off-label” for the treatment of other small fat pockets, such as those found above the elbows, knees, underarms, and other areas. Kybella offers a non-surgical treatment for the removal of small, localized areas of fat such as, stubborn bra fat, banana rolls, love handles/muffin tops, and lower abdominal fat.
Kybella is the brand name for a substance called deoxycholic acid, naturally produced by your body within your digestive system. Its role in your body is to break down fats to make them more easily digestible. It is also commonly used as an emulsifier in food products. Another use is for treating lipomas, which are benign tumors made up of fat cells.
By injecting Kybella directly into the fat below the chin, it destroys fat cells, reducing fullness under the chin. No more double chin! More than one vial is needed for optimal results.
Kybella can help achieve a reduction of fatty deposits in the jowl area to define the jaw. Get the profile you always wanted! More than one vial is needed for optimal results.
When diet and exercise don’t work, our fat dissolver injections can help reduce fat cells in stubborn areas like the lower abdomen. More than one session will be needed for optimal results.
Our fat dissolver injections are helpful for treating superficial fat around the love handles that no one really loves! No more Love Handles ! More than one vial is needed for optimal results.
Say goodbye to your unwanted bra bulges! Our fat dissolver injections can help get rid of those bra bulges for good! Wear those sexy tight shirts this summer! More than one session will be needed for optimal results.
No more stressing over leg day at the gym! Our fat dissolver injections to the rescue! These injections are safe and effective for fat reduction in the inner thighs. More than one session will be needed for optimal results.
Our fat-dissolving injections are a very effective treatment for getting rid of jiggly arm fat. Wear that short sleeve shirt for the summer! More than one session will be needed for optimal results.
Excess fat deposits on the knee area are treated with our fat dissolving injections to get rid of bulgy knees and contour the knee. More than one session will be needed for optimal results.
The “Banana Roll” is the fatty area underneath your buttocks. A few fat-dissolving injections and your Banana Rolls are a thing of the past! More than one session will be needed for optimal results.
How does Kybella work?
When Kybella is injected into the treatment area, it quickly kills fat cells to reduce the size of small fat pockets. Its most common use is for treating a double chin.
Kybella is a type of treatment called injection lipolysis, meaning that it breaks fat down through the use of an injection.
What happens after the fat cells are destroyed?
After the fat cells are destroyed, your body will safely escort them out of your body through your digestive system. Keep in mind that although Kybella permanently destroys fat cells, the remaining ones can grow larger if you do not maintain your current weight.
How many treatment sessions will I need?
Each treatment session with Kybella involves multiple injections into the target area. Most people need a few treatment sessions to achieve their desired results. Typically, this involves up to four Kybella treatment sessions for a double chin. Treatments are normally spaced around five weeks apart.
Will I have recovery or downtime?
The minimally invasive nature of a Kybella treatment means that your recovery time will be much shorter than if you had undergone a surgical procedure. Kybella treatment also results in fewer complications than surgery.
Kybella Post-Treatment Instructions
- Apply ice every hour for at least 15min. You make apply it for 5 min intervals with 10 min breaks, but avoid prolonged icing to avoid developing frostbite
- Avoid massaging or manipulating the swelling area
- You can take either 2 pills of Extra Strength Tylenol or 3-4 pills of over-the-counter Ibuprofen, if significant discomfort develops.
- Wear a tight but comfortable head wrap around your neck/chin area or waist shaper around your stomach. You may go to sleep wearing it, but make sure breathing is not constricted and you are comfortable
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated, preferably on 2-3 pillows for 2-3 nights.
- You may shower and wash your face as you regularly do.
- You may apply moisturizer or sunscreen to the treatment area the next day.
- You may apply Arnica gel if you develop any bruising to expedite the healing process
- Avoid any gym activity for 3 days as exercise is known to worsen swelling
- It is normal to feel and see mild to moderate swelling, numbness, hardness to touch, tingling, redness and tenderness at the site of injections. You may occasionally see bruising or
- small bleeding that should resolve spontaneously.
- Some men might see an area of no hair growth after Kybella injection, which is temporary and will return to normal in 4-6 weeks.
- Most swelling happens immediately and the following day after treatment and will start improving by day 5 however, swelling may be present for up to 6 weeks.
- If you develop difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, skin discoloration or scabbing, you must immediately inform the office at 954-870-5846 or call 911